Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Another Campaign Promise Broken


But then, what else is new?  The Biden Reich has been nothing but one broken promise after another, proving that he would say - or do - anything to get elected.  

And the newest one is that Mein Fuhrer has announced that he won't be eliminating student loan debt as he promised during the campaign last year.  I must say that while I'm not surprised he's breaking yet another promise, I will also say that I'm happy about this one because it'll be one less thing that I have to pay for without reaping any of the benefits.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone with an ounce of common sense would think it's a good idea to either pass off all student debt to the taxpayers, or just wipe the slate clean and eliminate the debt entirely without anyone repaying it.

If you make the taxpayers assume the debt, that's unfair and just plain stupid across the board.  That's like my neighbor going out and buying a new car and having them send the payment invoice to me.  Makes NO sense whatsoever, and it boggles my mind that there are people out there who actually think this is a good idea - the ones with the student debt, that is.  You know, the ones that don't realize THEY will be paying off the debt, too?  Yeah, them.  

Goes to show that you can have a PhD on your wall and still be as stupid as a box of hammers.

Wiping the slate clean and simply eliminating the debt is even more of a bad idea.  That puts colleges on the hook for the money and will immediately create a huge deficit in their budget, and just how do you think they're going to make up for it?  Why, they're going to raise tuition, of course!  Yet another way to make someone else pay for the liberal's mistake.

I'll be the first to say that yes, the price of a college education is way too high - but I'll also be the first to say that I understand why, even though I don't agree with it.  There are ways, I'm sure, to reduce the cost of going to college, and it should be incumbent on the educational institutions to find a way to do it without placing any of the burden on us.

So in this particular instance, I'm not surprised to see that Mein Fuhrer has broken his word yet again, but I'm also glad for my sake that he did.  After all, who knows what this buffoon is gonna do to screw things up tomorrow?

Deo Vindice

IHC







 

No comments: