Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A brief introduction...or something like that

One of the last things I thought I'd ever do was start a blog, but this morning right before I started to get ready for work the thought hit me - I needed an outlet to get some things out of my head, and the forum that I usually hang around on just didn't seem to be the place. I wanted a place I could call my own, I guess, so here it is. For what it's worth, anyway. I have no idea how many people - if any - will start following this blog, but for those that do here's what you can expect.

I'm an average citizen, an ordinary Joe in most respects. Nothing special about me, just another guy trying to make the best out of life and enjoy life while I can here on this green ball we call home. I'm honest to the point of brutality if I need to be, I call 'em as I see 'em, and I am NOT "politically correct." Actually, the mere mention of those two words makes my stomach turn.

Just because I'm from the South doesn't make me a racist - I was raised by my father to judge people by what they do and not by the color of their skin, and I've done that my whole life.

I try not to do or say anything that will piss anybody off, but there's no guarantees on that. If it happens, well, sorry about that. Either you were caught in the blast or you had it coming, one or the other.

I'm proud of our nation - always have been, always will be, and that's something our newly-elected president and his wife can't say. (Yeah, that's right, I'm also a Republican. Skin color has NOTHING to do with it.)

I don't believe in any form of a "hyponated" American, much like Teddy Roosevelt said a long time ago. I don't believe in "African-Americans," "Hispanic-Americans," "Irish-Americans," "Jewish-Americans," or any of that other PC bullshit. You're either an American or you're not, so make up your mind. I also believe that the sooner Congress gets off their overpaid, fat asses and makes ENGLISH our official language, the better. Maybe then you'll be able to walk into a store and NOT see signs in English and Spanish, or you won't be prompted to "press 1 for English" when you call a business on the phone. (To quote a line from "Pulp Fiction:" "ENGLISH, MOTHER FUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT!")

I like guns, and I'm not afraid to admit it. I believe completely and irrevocably in our Second Amendment right to own guns, and will never give up the fight to protect that right. "Gun control" means hitting what you're shooting at. And for the life of me, to my dying day I will NEVER understand why the anti-gun crowd doesn't understand the simple fact that so-called "gun control laws" will only be obeyed by honest citizens, and that the punks, thugs, thieves, rapists, and murderers in our society will completely ignore them. I have a feeling, though, that all it would take would be one chance encounter with one of the aforementioned punks to change the mind of the most rabid anti-gunner.

I'm also a biker. Yeah, I ride a Harley, I wear leather, I have loud pipes, and am damned proud of that, too. I have nothing against Japanese bikes, but I'll never ride or own one again. Kinda like going from a Honda to a Cadillac - once you make the jump, why go back? (And if I have to explain further than that, you won't understand.)

Well, that's about it for now. More will follow later...right now it's just after midnight and I have to work in the morning, so I ought to consider carrying my butt to bed and getting some sleep. Gotta go out there and earn some wealth so our new president can give it away, ya know?

Yeah, that's right, I'm one of those "bitter Americans" he was talking about. More on that later.

See ya.

IHC

No comments: