Monday, September 5, 2011

I'm Confused...and Apparently I'm Not the Only One

I'm not ashamed to admit it, but I'm confused.

I just finished reading a news article on NObama's speech in Detroit today where he gave an outline of the speech about creating jobs and lowering the national unemployment rate that he's going to give to Congress shortly, and after reading the article I'm confused.

When NObama was on the campaign trail one of the many things he promised was to create jobs and lower the national unemployment rate. Well, since he took office almost TWO YEARS ago the national unemployment rate has RISEN, and he's spent millions and millions of dollars in an apparently futile attempt to create more jobs. I mean, if the program hadn't been futile the unemployment rate would have dropped because of all the new jobs created, right? And for the first time in American history, NO NEW JOBS were created in August, and the unemployment rate has remained steady at a whopping 9.5 percent.

Now, I don't know about you, but to me that tells me that the "stimulus program" he fostered has been a whopping FAILURE.

So here's what I don't understand about today's speech: NObama's solution to the unemployment problem is to - hang on to your underwear - spend more money to create more programs to create more jobs.

I'm sorry, did I miss something? Isn't that called "throwing good money after bad?" I mean, really, does it take a rocket scientist to realize that if you throw money away on useless programs that don't work, the solution to them is NOT to throw more money away on more similar, useless programs?

And on top of it all, the other bright idea NObama has is to cut taxes for the middle class. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for less taxes, but if you cut taxes at the same time that you're proposing spending more money, just where in the hell are you going to get the money you're going to spend?

Oh, I got it...just print more! Of course! How silly of me not to realize that! Never mind that the credit rating of our nation was just reduced for the first time in our nation's history, and that the stock market has been tumbling like bowling pins for the past month or two...never mind all that! Just take the word of the clown in charge of the treasury - you know, the guy who said that our credit rating "is in no danger" - and press on!

All sarcasm aside, I'm serious when I say that I simply don't understand how NObama plans to reduce unemployment and create more jobs by doing the exact same thing that he's already done and that statistics have proven has not worked. I truly wish that someone out there who is a NObama supporter would explain this to me because I just don't get it. And if there is someone out there who wants to try and explain this to me, you're gonna have to do it WITHOUT blaming George W. Bush 'cuz he ain't President anymore and hasn't been for nearly two years. Bush didn't suggest the failed programs that NObama implemented; Bush didn't create and implement the failed "stimulus program," and Bush didn't promise to reduce unemployment in November 2008. NObama did, so you're gonna have to explain things to me WITHOUT playing the tired old game of "Let's Blame Bush!"

THIS mess belongs to no one but our current President, and that's a fact.

For the first time in my life, I'm genuinely afraid of what's in store for our nation once this charlatan is finished. But what scares me even more is the fact that there were people in the audience in Detroit today that were actually shouting, "Four more years!" as NObama was speaking.

To those people, I simply say this: are you that fucking stupid? Do you really want four more years of rising unemployment, vanishing jobs, downgraded national credit ratings, unstable stock markets, more government regulations, and more out of control spending? I mean, really?

If so, then I guess that's the answer to my previous question.

I can't wait to see if anybody is gonna take me up on my request. I have a feeling one of my friends may try, but we'll see.

IHC

No comments: