Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Sorry State of the Union

I'm kinda short on time today - wanna see if I can do this in the ten minutes I have before I have to go get ready for work - so I'll be brief.

After reading the transcript of NObama's State of the Union address that he gave last night, I can best sum up my reaction by three simple words: I'm not impressed.

So, the results NObama had hoped to achieve in the first year didn't come as quickly as he would have hoped. (Damn, there's that word again...) Well, no shit. Now you know what the rest of us knew a year ago.

Jobs and the jobless rate continue to be a problem. Again, no shit. Tell us something we DIDN'T know, like what YOU plan to do about it.

Oh, ok...so you're gonna make 2010 "The Year of Jobs." Uh-huh. After squandering your first year in office on a useless and increasingly unpopular health care plan which you tried to shove down our throats, NOW you realize that it's time to do something about jobs for Americans. Welcome to reality, genius.

All in all, nothing more than another pretty speech, which is what NObama has proven he's best at - giving pretty speeches that mean absolutely nothing. He even used the "keep the dream alive" phrase in the hopes that using words from his hero, Martin Luther King Jr, would help him out. Of course, the Demoncrats in Congress couldn't stop from jumping up and standing for him at every word, just like a good little group of lemmings, led by the head lemming herself, Nancy Pelosi. All I can say is, enjoy it now while you can, Nancy, 'cuz November is just around the corner.

All in all, a pretty speech delivered by a charismatic speaker who danced around the main issues and used distorted facts to try and get others to see his point and forgive his shortcomings.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

As I said, I'm not impressed. Disgusted, yes. Fed up, yes. Nauseated, yes. Impressed?

HELL NO.

All I can say is, "ONE DOWN, THREE TO GO!"

IHC

1 comment:

Mississippi Cajun said...

I am not sure if I was amused or distressed at how this administration either doesn't get it or just thinks we, the people, are just stupid, period. The determination to push forward with an adgenda that in my mind has been totally rejected by all but the uber left idiots who by themselves don't constitute a sufficient percentage of the electorate to matter. My fear is that the 18-20 year old crowd who haven't been out there long enough to get screwed over by big government, the young-uns who have grown up in the gimme gimme era and have had it all handed to them will rise and form a formidable, albeit uninformed and thus more dangerous, bloc.
OB seems more determined to push cap and tax and health care reform than ever even after Pelosi says there ain't enough votes in the House to pass the Senate version, and the Senate is pretty much out ofthe picture now.
Is it supidity, arrogance, or are they confident that they can destroy this country in 3 more years?