Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sorry, girlfriend, but I don't buy it

Not for one damned minute.

I'm speaking of Misty Croslin, the girlfriend in the Florida abduction case of Haleigh Cummings. I don't buy her story for one single second. Every fiber of my being tells me that this bitch is lyin' outta her butt about the whole thing, and her recent attempt to throw suspicion off of her by throwing her cousin in Tennessee under the bus is a pathetic attempt at best, one which absolutely will prove to be fruitless.

So why don't I believe her? Here's why.

I've been interviewing suspects since 1975, and more recently I completed the Wicklander-Zulawski course on Interview and Interrogations, and in my humble opinion Misty Croslin is a walking, talking, living, breathing example of just about every 'dishonesty indicator' there is. First, there's the fact that on every spot I've seen her on, her face is all screwed up in supposed remorse, her voice is cracking and all that crap, but there's always one thing missing: tears. She has yet to shed a single visible tear, and unless somebody changed things while I was asleep, when you cry, you shed tears. But not Misty. Not in this case.

If I had a nickle for every theft suspect I've interviewed who tried the "fake crying" routine on me in order to garner sympathy, I'd be rich and retired.

Then there's the attempt to throw suspicion off of her by naming her cousin in Tennessee, even stating on the "Today" show yesterday that she "wasn't sure" if he was capable of doing this or not. Nice try, Misty, but just like your missing tears, it ain't workin'.

On top of all that, there are the physical indicators, the things she's unaware that she's doing. Things like not looking directly at people when talking to them, giving short, terse answers which evade the question, the way she holds her body, things like that. And anybody who's ever raised a child through the teenage years will automatically and unmistakably recognize the defiant, "screw you!" tilt of the head and pursing of the lips she showed on the "Today" show yesterday.

And on top of all that, there's one simple thing missing from her circus act that is always - ALWAYS - present when an innocent person is accused of a crime. When an innocent person is accused of a crime, their denials get louder and more angry as the accusations continue. It starts out with a simple, "I didn't do it," and eventually ends up with a fist-pounding, shouting, red-in-the-face, now-I'm-pissed "I DIDN'T DO IT!!!"

Haven't seen that from Misty, have we?

Oh, and let's not forget the fact that she's been given a polygraph test TWICE, and that the police will not discuss either one.

Wonder why she was given the test TWICE? I'll bet I know.

When all is said and done, when the body of this poor child has finally been found within two miles of her house (an educated guess on my part), the person going to jail for this heinous crime is going to be Misty Croslin.

And I hope she rots in Hell.

IHC

No comments: