Saturday, February 14, 2009

And I'm even LESS impressed today

Two posts in less than 24 hours....hmmm, must be something pretty interesting or important, huh? Well, it is, especially if you're homeless or a member of the U.S. Armed Forces.

The Senate has approved the final version of Obama's stimulus package, and I just read a news story on the "winners and losers" of the bill. At this point, I don't know if I'm appalled or just plain furious.

Hang on to your hat, my "brutha from anutha mutha," this one is really going to piss you off.

The final version of the stimulus package doles out 1.5 billion - that's billion - for "homelessness prevention," while it completely wipes out ALL items for Veterans Affairs and VA construction. The regular forces were the big losers, as well; the initial amount wanted for the military forces went from 3.45 billion to 1.45 billion - and that's for ALL of the services combined. Here's the story link:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/13/stimulus.winners.losers/index.html

So in short, our new administration places more value on the homeless having a nice, warm, comfortable bed to sleep in than it does the members of our Armed Forces and vets who have served honorably having a nice, warm, comfortable bed to sleep in. To me, the message is clear.

I've decided how I feel about this. I'm outraged, and when I get home from work tonight I'm going to be writing a few letters to some congressmen and our fearful leader and letting them know just what I think.

I'll publish the text of them here.

Time for work. Besides, my morning has already been ruined for me.

Oh, and for those of you who don't know, my "brutha from anutha mutha" of whom I spoke earlier is one of my closest, dearest friends who has a blog, Bulldog Chief. Here's the link to his blog:

http://www.motorcycleshavenodoors.blogspot.com/.

Enjoy!

IHC

2 comments:

BullDogChief said...

After reading this, I went and did a little research on the stimulus package. In fact, the original bill had allotted $6 billion dollars to the VA and DOD. Not surprisingly, the final package is not available anwyhere I could see. To say I am outraged is an understatement; here is what I wrote to the President:

"Mr. President, I just read an article on cnn.com concerning the final stimulus package http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/13/stimulus.winners.losers/index.html

I cannot believe how you have betrayed me with this!!! How dare you let them cut Veterans' Funding and Military Construction!!! I left the GOP and joined the Democratic Party because I no longer felt the GOP represented me and my beliefs; I believed in you, voted for you and this is how you treat me and all the other veterans AND military?!?

Do you even realize this is a direct contradiction of your campaign promises? What, exactly, is your policy concerning military and veterans? Are you going to anally rape my mother while poisoning my dog and pouring sugar in my gas tank because that is what it feels like now.

I am greatly disappointed and disheartened to read this; I expected so much better from you. I stood for you in a red state, facing ridicule and downright hostility because I believed in you...and this is how you repay me.

Thanks for nothing."

It feels like someone just kicked me in the stomach...

IHC said...

I knew the final version of the bill was going to piss you off, because it sure pissed ME off...sorry that it had to turn out that way, my brutha.

How's your pops doing, by the way?