Friday, April 1, 2022

The Last "First"

 


Today is the first anniversary of my father's funeral, and this is the last "first" I'll have to contend with. 

Anyone who has ever lost a loved one knows that the first year is the hardest because that's when you go through things for the first time without the one who passed.  The first birthday, the first anniversary, the first of many holidays - all of these "firsts" happen in the first year.

And now the first year after my father's passing is over.  The last "first" has come and gone, and now I can get on with the rest of my life.  Sure, I'll still love him and miss him just as much as I have for the past year, but the pain of it all won't be quite as bad.  It'll be just a little easier to bear - not much, but a little.

Life goes on, and so must mine.


I love you, Pop, and I miss you so much.

Deo Vindice
IHC



No comments: