Thursday, July 10, 2014

For JD

I got your message today, but your FB settings won't allow me to reply so I thought I'd do it here since I know you read my blog.

First and foremost, welcome home! Glad to hear that you got back safe and sound and are home again, even if it is only for a short while.

And of course I knew it was you. Who else could it possibly be?

As for the good words you said, well, all I can say is thank you. If I made that large and long-lasting an impact on you, then I did my job well in the four years that I wore the hat. My goal in going down there was to prepare America's young men and women for Air Force service, along the way instilling in them the values and disciplines that I was taught by both my parents and the Air Force. I knew that these values would help them in both their Air Force and civilian lives, and I'm very grateful to hear that I accomplished my goal. So thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

You should be very proud of all you've accomplished; I know your son is. I'm proud of you, too. Keep up the good work.

Go be with your family; I'm quite sure they missed you!

Be safe, and God bless.

IHC

1 comment:

JD said...

I need a like button !