Monday, December 15, 2008

Of Paternity Tests, Self Humiliation, and Low Moral Values

If you’re like me, you’ve seen The Maury Show on mid-day TV and are quite familiar with what seems to have become the main staple of the show – paternity tests. And, if you’re like me, you’ve become so tired of these shows that you’re ready to gouge your eyeballs out whenever you see it on the screen.

The logic of what motivates these young women mystifies me at times. I mean, it’s one thing if you’ve been in a relationship with a man who fathered your child, then the lowlife scumbag dumps you and claims the kid isn’t his. I’m ok with that, sure. But what mystifies me is the FIFTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL who is coming on the show FOR THE EIGHTH TIME to see if she can find out who the daddy of her baby is, and she’s now testing THE TWELFTH MAN to see if he’s the daddy.

Are you kiddin’ me? Am I the only one who has sat back and said, “Well, let’s see, if she’s testing the twelfth man for paternity, that means that she had sex with AT LEAST twelve men IN A THIRTY DAY PERIOD, because that’s the normal human female menstrual cycle, right? That would equate out to the young “lady” being with a different man about every two and a half days! And did you forget that she’s FIFTEEN?

Can you say, “SLUT?” I’m not so sure I’d be that quick to parade my sorry ass on TV to find out who the daddy of my illegitimate baby is, especially if I was that young. And you just gotta ask yourself, where the hell were the parents? Is this what our youth are being taught? That it’s OK to be promiscuous – oh, let’s call a spade a spade, shall we? It’s okay to screw everything in the neighborhood with a dick – because when you get knocked up and have no idea who pappy is, all you have to do is contact good ol’ Maury and he’ll help you figure out which welfare daddy you get to sue for child support.

Here’s a quick, easy, and cost-free solution for you: KEEP YOUR FRIGGIN’ LEGS CLOSED, YA TRAMP!

And then, there’s the guys…you’ve seen ‘em, the self-styled “playahs” who take great pride in the fact that they’re screwing every “ho” in the neighborhood and who constantly deny the inevitable trail of babies they leave behind. They get on the show, show their faces as they stand there while the fifteen year old mother tells everyone what a bad person they are, then they come out and deny everything. They lay the blame on the mother, claiming that she’s a slut – which she is – and a “ho” – which she is – and that there’s just no way that he’s the baby’s daddy. And why not? Well, take your pick – the reasons are many and varied. “The doctor told me I can’t have kids.” Yet the asshole is seventeen and never been sick or injured. “The doctor told me I can’t have girls, only boys.” How is that, genius? I know medical science has come a long way, but I don’t think it’s come so far that it can tell which chromosomes you may or may not have, thereby predicting what sex the child will be. “I just know that I ain’t that baby’s daddy!” So, what, in addition to being a “playah” you’re also clairvoyant?

And inevitably, when the test results come out, 9 times out of 10 it’s the same: “You ARE the father!”

Like there was going to be any other results.

I keep coming back to one thing: where in the hell are the parents while the girl is out banging everything in pants, and the “playah” is out there sowing his seeds and littering the town with his illegitimate kids which he has no way to support? But then again, no worries there – that’s what the welfare system is for, right?

If this is where today’s youth is headed – one segment of it, anyway – we should all be afraid. Very afraid.

As for me, right now I’m just disgusted, and I don’t know who disgusts me more – the girl for not learning the magic of keeping her legs closed, the guy for the irresponsible use of his dick all over town, the parents for not keeping either of them in check, or Maury for giving them a medium to exploit.

This is not exactly what I call, “entertainment.”

But then, that’s just me.

IHC

2 comments:

Last Man Standing said...

I think it has to do with our society going overboard with the "live like there's no tomorrow" mantra...too many people don't care about consequences, because very few people force them to DEAL with said consequences...

"Oh, you slept with 15 guys and ended up having a kid? Awww, that's okay, you're cute, so you can just leave the baby with grandma..."

If these people were actually FORCED to deal with the consequences of their actions, it would have the same effect as when my parents used to beat my ass as a little kid...it makes you think twice before you do something. What's that called again? Oh yeah...Accountability.

I guess what I'm saying is that I too am afraid of what's to come for our society...but then again, we're all supposed to be dust sometime around 2012, so hey, LIVE FOR THE MOMENT!

IHC said...

Not so much the "live like there's no tomorrow" but the total moral/ethical breakdown of society. If this group of folks to whom I'm referring would have simply been taught morals and ethics to begin with, accountability for their actions would go hand-in-hand. But this group was taught by their elders that they can do whatever they please, consequences and accountability be damned, and get away with it. And I don't see it getting any better anytime soon.