Monday, August 17, 2026

How It All Started

 

When I was in the Air Force stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB in Goldsboro, NC, I was assigned to the 4th Security Police Squadron.  One day in the summer of 1978 I was patrolling the base in my non-air conditioned pickup truck when I drove past the baseball fields.  I noticed a group of very young boys on the field that at first looked like they were playing baseball, but then I noticed something odd.  

There was no catcher and no umpire, and standing right behind the plate was a pole about two feet high with a baseball sitting on top of it.  There was an adult standing there as well, and as I watched a little kid (probably five or so) wearing a batting helmet, uniform, and carrying a baseball bat walked up to the pole with the ball on top.  Then he took aim and swung, swatting the ball into the infield where it died about the time it got to the pitcher's mound.  He took off to run the base while the pitcher ran to get the ball, and to make a long story short the kid hit a home run because non of the other players were able to throw the ball to the base - ANY base - in order to get him out.

Of course I parked the truck and walked over to the field where I talked to one of the adults that was there watching their kid play.  I asked him what was going on, and he told me that the kids were playing T-Ball.  Not baseball, mind you, but t-ball.  He then went on to explain the rules of t-ball to me, and I was dumbfounded to hear that they didn't keep score, meaning there were no winners or losers.  The goal of the game was to let the kids all hit the ball.

When I asked him why they didn't keep score, he said that it was because they "didn't want to hurt the kid's feelings" by having a winner or a loser.

"But if there's no loser, then how will the kids learn the motivation to improve so they can succeed and win?" I asked.  Silly me.

"That's not the point.  The point is to just let the kids hit and have fun," was the reply.

"Uh huh," I said.  Without another word I walked back to my truck, got in, started it up, and drove away.

In my opinion, this is how it all started.  This is how we ended up with the society of unmotivated, whiny, self-entitled adult brats we now have.  T-ball led to participation trophies, and the kids of that generation were taught that you don't have to work hard to succeed because it's not required that you succeed at all.  You just have to show up to be rewarded.  

No winners.  No losers.  No motivation.  No drive to improve and better yourself.  No sense of pride.  No sense of accomplishment.  No sense of how things are in the real world.  Just a world of pats on the back for just showing up, getting rewarded for basically doing nothing, and crying for your cookie when things don't go your way.

This is the society we have today, and I blame it all on t-ball.  I didn't really see this in our society until after I had retired from the Air Force and joined the civilian work force, but once I did that it started to show itself.  I worked with people who had no motivation to do the best job they could or excel at their job, then whined and complained when they didn't get a raise "like I deserve!"  They didn't care if they were late to work or not, we should all just be glad that they showed up at all.  And when they got fired for being late or not showing up at all, it was all so unfair!

Whine, whine, whine.  Just like a little kid who's so uncoordinated that he can't even hit a fuckin' ball sitting on top of a fuckin' post.  

And it's not only still going on, it's getting worse.  My wife is the district manager for a local dental firm, and she sees this all the time.  The people who apply to work at her firm don't have the drive and motivation needed to do the job, and they don't have ANY work ethics AT ALL.  They show up late for work, they spend their time texting on their cell phones instead of working, and sometimes they just don't show up at all.  And when they eventually get fired because of their total lack of work ethics, of course the first thing they do is complain and, in a lot of cases, throw the race card.  (But that's another topic for another time.)  

The really sad thing is that this philosophy of "Nobody loses, everybody wins just by showing up" has gotten worse over time.  The young adults who are flocking to the libtard left and the Demoncratic party and electing the socialist/communist morons to positions of authority are the GRANDCHILDREN of the society I saw, which means this shit has been going on for GENERATIONS.  And what's worse is that they're raising THEIR children to be just as self-entitled as they are.   

If you want to see just how much damage this kind of mindset can be, just look at Portland, or Seattle, or San Fransisco, or Chicago, or New York  City.  All of these cities are being run by people with what I call the "T-Ball Mindset," and that mindset is failing.  

But since they were never taught the difference between winning and losing and have no drive or motivation to improve, they're too ignorant to see it.

Note that I said 'ignorant' and not 'stupid.'  There's a difference.  If you're ignorant, you're lacking either the education or experience.  If you're stupid, you just don't have the intelligence.

Either way, if this kind of shit continues, then our country is royally screwed.  The Muslim invasion I wrote about a few days ago is using this "T-Ball Mindset" to invade our country, and once they get in power it's gonna be over for all of us, including those of the "T-Ball Mindset" who let this whole thing happen. 

And that's a day I hope I don't live to see.

Deo Vindice
IHC
 

 
 

No comments: